Anxiety Disorder Treatment in Palm Springs, FL
It is normal at times to feel anxious or worried. Sometimes these feelings can even interfere with daily activities or make it difficult to carry out a normal routine. You may even avoid places or situations to prevent these feelings from occurring. Anxiety disorder treatment is receiving care for a certain type of anxiety through psychotherapy or medical care.
Take control of your anxiety and reclaim your life with expert guidance at Forest Hill Medical Group in Palm Springs, FL. Our team offers comprehensive anxiety treatment tailored to your unique needs. Call 561-968-7600 to schedule your appointment today!
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
Symptoms of anxiety may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood.
Emotional symptoms may include:
- Feelings of apprehension or dread
- Feeling tense or jumpy
- Restlessness or irritability
- Anticipating the worst
- Being watchful for signs of danger
Physical symptoms may include:
- Pounding or racing heart and shortness of breath
- Tremors and twitches
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Upset stomach, frequent urination or diarrhea
What are the Types of Anxiety Disorder?
There are several different types of anxiety disorders. These include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)-exaggerated worry about everyday life
- Social anxiety disorder-intense fear about social interaction
- Phobias-places, events or objects create powerful reactions of strong, irrational fear
- Agoraphobia-a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed
- Selective mutism– a severe anxiety disorder where a person is unable to speak in certain social situations, such as with classmates at school or to relatives they do not see very often
- Separation anxiety disorder– fear of being separated from a particular person, persons, or even a pet
- Substance/medication-induced anxiety disorder, involving intoxication or withdrawal or medication treatment
Anxiety disorders are the most common form of emotional disorder and can affect anyone at any age
How is Anxiety Treated?
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is a popular treatment method used by many mental health care providers.
This therapeutic method can be implemented across a variety of mental illnesses, and its ultimate goal is to bring about improvements in your health. You can learn tools to use and strategies to cope with anxiety when it occurs.
Medication is also available as a treatment option for anxiety and usually involves antidepressants and sedatives. These medications help to balance brain and body chemistry, prevent anxiety episodes, and curb the severity of symptoms. Talk to your doctor to see if medication is the best route for your anxiety.
When should I see Forest Hill Medical Group for Anxiety Treatment?
If your anxiety is interfering with your family, work, or everyday life, you should seek professional help.
Talking to your primary care provider can help if your fear or worry is unmanageable or you feel like it is getting out of control. Your worries may not go away on their own, and they may get worse over time if you don’t seek help. Six months is a good measure to see if things are improving or getting worse.
If you have suicidal thoughts or behaviors, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Don’t let anxiety hold you back any longer—schedule a consultation at Forest Hill Medical Group and embark on a journey towards lasting peace of mind and well-being. Call 561-968-7600 to schedule your appointment today!